Red Dead Online releases today – check out the exact timings and rollout plans at that link – and the leaks have officially begun.
Dataminers have been snuffling through the code like truffle pigs and they’ve uncovered some big details.
As you’d expect, there’s a mix of activities, but there’s also a dedicated story running through it. It looks like you’ll be spending a lot of your time early on doing missions for a man called Horley.
There will also be missions where you get to make a moral choice and decide the fate of an NPC. From the descriptions, it looks like that will affect your Honor rating, just like in the single-player.
Here’s a list of what’s been uncovered for Red Dead Online’s campaign so far:
- Highly Illegal and Highly Immoral: Marshall Davies asked you to meet him near Van Horn. He is on the trail of Alfredo Montez and he wants to finish things.
- Honor Among Horse Thieves: Horley suggested you go to see Clay Davies, a horse thief, to learn the ins and outs of the horse-rustling trade.
- If the Hat Fits…: Horley directed you towards the Blackwater police chief in Pike’s Basin. A conman and outlaw is on the loose. Whether or not justice will be done depends on your Honor.
- Kerosene, Tar, and Greed: Horley thought you should offer your services to Samson Finch near Dewberry Creek. Industry is in his crosshairs. He has a job to do and a score to settle.
- Kill Them, Each and Every One: You were told to meet Horley and Mrs. LeClerk south of Armadillo. The man who killed her husband may be holed up nearby.
- Love and Honor: Horley told you to call on the Tumbleweed Sheriff. A young woman has been taken by a gang of outlaws and her husband is concerned. A moral decision will be required.
This list of missions, via IllogicalMods, may not be the full list of launch quests, but it gives you an idea of what to expect. It’s also worth remembering that this is a beta and Red Dead Online will grow and evolve over time, similarly to how GTA Online expanded over the years into the behemoth it is now.
For a list of modes in the Red Dead Online beta, check out our page on the leaks for that so far.
The post Red Dead Online has proper story missions and moral dilemmas appeared first on VG247.